Sample Classroom Procedures:
- Begin by explaining to students that today we are going to explore the number line and how we multiply fractions by a whole number.
- While reading the content pages, reinforce vocabulary and give students additional examples of fractions as multiples problems in order to help them practice the new material. Use the additional resources to enhance understanding.
- Introduce the notes on fractions as multiples. Have students practice problems with the number line and shapes. Use the additional resources to enhance understanding.
- Have students practice problems with a partner.
- Follow Activity page with students. Have students work individually to model problems provided by the teacher.
- Distribute Practice page. Check and review the students’ responses as a class.
- Distribute the Homework page. Have students work a few problems at the beginning of the next class to reinforce the new material.
- In closing, ask students to explain how to write a math sentence using a model.
- Allow for responses and discussion.
Common Core State Standards:
Class Sessions (45 minutes): 1 class session
Many more teaching resources in Download!
Want more math resources? Check out our other Math Lesson Plans!